Saturday, March 13, 2010

Top secret garelli clutch revealed!




So fed up with the rubber garelli clutches I have taken things into my time consumed hands. BRN has had clutches on treats for a while but for a kick start. I picked one up to measure up and see what I could do. I decided to go with a minarelli bell and starter mechanism. I proceeded to give the ol' switch-aroo to the drive gears. I found that this assembly was @ 5/16" deeper than the stock setup so I turned to a neighborhood friend for his machining skills and shop, from this a spacer was born. Bolt things together and bam! No more rubber clutch! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! Unfortunately the two shoe only has one spring per shoe so it doesnt grab as hard as the three shoes that have two springs per shoe.... Time to clean her up, put the tin back on and swap on the fresh tank. Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. good idea...that's probably a first. don't think i've seen a swapped out garelli clutch before

    ReplyDelete