Sunday, March 21, 2010

I hate garellis. Morini exploded.

Seriously, but im at fault most of the time. I raised the ex port up 1mm to bring the blowdown up to 25º from 22º. Ugh, killing me cause I cant get to the powerband at all. Nothing like a 30mph kitted bike right? Looked into the atomizer thing and found that the bushing came out with great ease. I also disassembled the morini today to combat the case leak. I really didnt notice a crack in the gasket in the perceived area, but the engine has at least 7000 miles on it, and thats before kitting...definately getting some new bearings. Morinis are nice and simple on the inside like a minarelli. Oh, siezed the fresh polini on my bareeta last night, wtf! Jet reads good and dark at WOT, but seized at 1/4 throttle. So you know I run a w9 needle (richer than a w7) at the richest clip.... Sigh... I place alot of blame on this newly realized atomizer issue. I cant believe that every carb I have bought has been a 4 stroke setup. Parts are on the way though! Little 320 grit ant the minarelli was good as new, gotta love those cast iron cylinders.

The culprit atomizer. The proper style is in the back.


Sploded morini.


Chelsea touching up some of codys ink.

1 comment:

  1. How did you remove the bushing?
    Sorry, i'm noob, does the atomizer screw direct into the bush or the carb itself?

    ReplyDelete