Monday, March 29, 2010

Another day, atomizers, dog, stuff...oh and a derbi

Kind of a lazy day, I feel exhausted. I ported a e50 for no reason, with no kit in mind and no puch for it to go in. I think im going to try my hand at porting a stock magnum #2 cylinder to attempt a 50/50 setup. I use a small port metra pattern for the transfers.


My atomizers and bushings came in so I started tinkering. With the 262AU atomizer and bushing there has been some significant changes (I had the 262AN). Ive gone from a 102 to a 92 main and am still stroking at the very top. Its also begging for an idle jet smaller than the 45 in it, probably try a 42 or 35 next. I did go from a w9 to a w3 needle which is richer. They have the same tip diameter and 20mm long taper, but the w3 has a body diameter of 2.45 versus the 2.50 of the w9. I like them more since they have a longer taper than the w7's (20mm versus 18mm). I however discovered a air leak in the base gasket and called it quits for the evening.


Cody worked on his TS185... :( yuck.


Of course some dog wrestling.


Oh, did I mention a $80 derbi?

5 comments:

  1. I'll give you $100 for the derbi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how hard was it to change out your atomizer? And if you don't mind, could you tell me how you did it? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty easy. I unthreaded the old atomizer out a few turns and bopped it with a screwdriver handle. Threaded out more, repeat. Finally unthreaded it all the way and tapped it and shot right out. I aligned the new bushing in there with some pliers and used a small socket and extension, using a small hammer to tap it in. You can use the atomizer to pull it all the way in. Its much simpler than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I really appreciate the info haha that's exactly what I was thinking of doing anyways!

    ReplyDelete