Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Little bit here, a little there....

Finally got to tinker today. Daniel came over with his amf + polini kit + ev pipe and I helped him put it together. Nice simple install. He is still running a 14:12, eeek, but we managed to jet it out and finagled the carb slide to help it idle a little better. Hes ordering a 15 as we speak. Also, the garelli is up and going with the malossi kit, nice and smooth, finally idles and shit, di I mention its actually idling! The polini kit always wanted the smallest idle jet out there (32) and this one begged for a 50.... Finally got a choke on it, timed, steering stop installed and ready to put the tin back on. Im going to hold off on the new tank until chelsea gets more comfortable on it again. Shes topping out at around 50, not to bad but I hope for more in the future. Im going to want to tinker with the clutch more, when she gets hot it likes to grab at a lower rpm but I recall having the springs in it almost fully compressed to act right. I think im going to search out stiffer springs for it...somehow....Yay

Daniels Bike:


My big forehead dropping the needle: :


Chelseas:

1 comment:

  1. I've always noticed my V1 clutch grabbing a little earlier when it's warm...I'm glad I'm not crazy/the only one haha. So are you saying there are ways to modify the stock clutch springs? If you find anything out fill me in because the stock clutches are where it's at.

    ReplyDelete